Hey everyone, how is it going?
So we’re drawing to the end of June, and I thought it would be time to share my June haul and wrap-up.
It’s been a pretty quiet month for books for me, just because I’m trying to save up some money for renting a nice place next year and I’m still trying to get a job. But last month was pretty crazy for books and I’ll be attending YALC next month [where there are cheap and even free books EVERYWHERE] so I think I’m okay with this being a small haul month. There’s plenty still to read, at least.
P.S. Sorry for the very blurry picture– I’m doing this post pretty late in the day and my kindle has just died so I ended up resorting to my phone camera…
Books I Bought:
- A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood. This one is a debut novel from a YALC author and the cover is so SO gorgeous I knew I had to buy it. I preordered it a while back and it finally came in the post the other day 😀
- Sweet Black Waves by Kristina Perez. Another YALC author. This one is meant to be a retelling of the opera Tristan and Isolde, which I’ve never seen before, but it sounded intriguing and I couldn’t help myself. I think this one will be the next on my to read list.
Books From Book Boxes:
- A Thousand Perfect Notes by C.G. Drews. This came in my Illumicrate box and I was not disappointed. I follow C.G. [AKA Paper Fury] on twitter and instagram and love everything she posts, so I was thrilled when I found out this was her book.
- Light Years by Kass Morgan. This book is from the author of The 100 and won’t be released until October! It came as the ARC in my Illumicrate box.
Books From Friends:
- The Crooked Sixpence by Jennifer Bell. This was given to me by a friend who is moving to New York next year. I don’t know too much about the book, but she said it was a fun and fast read and I’m sure I’ll get around to it at some point. She said it was a YA book, but the premise sounds more like a MG but I’m keen to give it a go when I’ve gotten through some of my priority reads.
Physical Books From Publishers:
- Theatrical by Maggie Harcourt. This was sent to me by the wonderful Stevie from Usborne. I’ve already read it [there’s a review here if anyone is interested] and totally loved it. Also, I can now say that I’ll be part of the ginormous book blog tour for the book, which will include me doing a Q and A with Maggie Harcourt herself. Check back in on Saturday the 30th to join in the fun 😀
E-Book ARCs from Publishers:
- All These Beautiful Strangers by Elizabeth Klehfoth. I’ve just finished reading this one [the review will go up tomorrow] and I really enjoyed the plot twists and intrigue.
- Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart. I’ve heard good things about this book and I know it’s going to be in quite a few boxes in the upcoming months [if it hasn’t already been included] so I’m excited to read it.
And that’s it for the haul. Only 6 physical books and 2 e-book ARCs this time, but there’ll be more next month, I’m sure.
June Wrap Up:
I only actually read 6 books this month, but one of them was really slow and super long and it put me in a bit of a reading slump that I’m now slowly getting out of [just as my coursework deadlines are looming]. Here they are:
- Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake.
- Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli.
- The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton.
- Theatrical by Maggie Harcourt.
- The Sea Witch by Sarah Hessing.
- All These Beautiful Strangers by Elizabeth Klehfoth.
And that’s it really folks. What did everyone read and haul in June? Anything you recommend? Let me know in the comment section, and I hope you’re all having a fabulous weekend